HILLSBOROUGH TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED BEGINNING FEBRUARY 2, 2024 AND MUST BE COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED BY MARCH 22, 2024
- At least 18 years of age and less than 35 years of age, or is within the requirements set by PFRS.
- U.S. citizen and resident of the State of New Jersey at the time of appointment
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Good moral character and temperament
- Good physical condition, height proportionate to weight
- Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license at time of appointment
- Must be New Jersey Police Training Commission Certified, presently attending or enrolled to attend a New Jersey certified Police Academy and satisfactorily complete same or be a certified SLEO Class II who is eligible to complete the Basic Police Officer Waiver Course. Individuals who only possess certifications in corrections are NOT eligible to apply.
- Starting salary (2024) is $56,877 which may be negotiable based on previous full time police experience.
- Longevity pay
- Holiday pay
- Paid vacation
- Sick days
- Personal time
- Compensatory time
- Employee Health Benefits Programs
- Dental plan
- Supplied uniforms
- NJ Police and Fire Pension System
HOW TO APPLY:
The Hillsborough Township Police Department will make an effort to interview as many candidates as possible. However, submission of an application does not guarantee the applicant an oral interview or continuing in the process.
Any questions regarding these requirements should be addressed to Lt. Howard at
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. If the deadline date is not specified in the announcement, the agency has sole discretion on setting the deadline and jobs may close without notice. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.
Applicants are responsible for checking their email and logging into their PoliceApp, PublicSafetyApp, FireFighterApp or EmployementApp account to monitor for emails, scheduling and process updates.